Saturday 7 April 2012

Day 91 - 96



Why hello there! It's been awhile I know, my last post being Sunday evening now I find myself needing to catch you up on a week of raw food loving and what a week it has been! We have just returned home from a few days in the gorgeous Granite Belt visiting with family. Ever since we escaped the world in the rugged wilderness of Sundown National Park, the region has remained one of my favourite places in the world. We had a relaxing couple of days, canoeing on the Severn river at Ballandean, watching the sunset over the great dividing range. Lyn and I had green smoothies for dinner whilst the boys downed enough steak for all of us. The little steer Bob (RIP) recently relocated from the paddock to the deep freeze and as such there is a surplus of beef circulating in the family. I also made my first batch of raw ice cream. It was quite a hit, even with the boys and I was inspired with ideas of new flavours and variations to try! This morning we took a drive to visit to a little old Church for sale that I was imagining might be cool to renovate and live in, unfortunately the location wasn't quite what I envisaged - well it was fun to dream a little and this afternoon we donned a couple of Hermes scarves (ala Grace Kelly) and went for a spin in the new family toy - a 1968 Datsun roadster. Other highlights this week have been sharing the raw love with friends, hearing the joy in their new discoveries and enjoying the journey of learning to bring my gift to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment