Friday 30 March 2012

Day 87 & 88




It’s Friday evening and I’m thinking of how much I am looking forward to a weekend of gardening, new raw food adventures and a few good naps. I haven’t been spending as much time in the garden as I would like and will be dedicating some tlc to our little patch this weekend. I can’t wait to see how our sweet spuds are going, let the chooks have a good run through and then get the beds ready for our winter crops. We had our kitchen gardening meet-up again on Thursday evening and it was lovely to spend some time together learning from one another and sharing a nice supper. My lovely Fijian Indian aunty was most disappointed that I could not try her traditional dishes yet again (though the aroma was most inviting) so I promised that I would come for dinner very soon and am most looking forward to our date. Scott and Kitty generously shared their abundance of knowledge and seeds and we've got a nice little collection to plant this weekend. The group meets on the last Thursday of every month (email us if you want to be added to the mailout) at the Leichhardt Community Centre and all are welcome!  I have found a great recipe for raw pumpkin pie so I’m going to give that a crack and I have some buckwheat sprouted ready for raw waffles on Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment